Jolanta Stephens – Year 7 @ Immanuel College

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Selena Woodward Selena Woodward 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Jolanta Stephens Jolanta Stephens 
    Participant

Hi all!
    My Colleague Jess invited me to this website and I thought I would try the challenge (albeit a little late!)
    Jess and I have been working together in undertaking a lot of PD on Critical and Creative thinking, as well as completing the Harvard Making Thinking Visible online course as well, thus this is an excellent way to really ‘make thinking visible’. We are also very passionate about using technology in the classroom in a productive and constructive way.

I have 2 working walls started – one digital and one physical.

Livability: (physical) We have been studying the concept of livability in humanities and are about 1/2 way through this unit. We have completed see-think-wonder’s, connect extend, challenges and many other thinking routines on this topic.

Digital Wellbeing: (online) In our pastoral care program we have been investigating the concept of wellbeing, including ‘downtime’, looking after yourself, and also ‘digital wellbeing’. I am using a program called ‘linoit’ – I’ve never used it before, but it is similar in the way of padlet. I will be trialing it today, so hopefully it works!

Participant

OK So here is a screen shot of the Digital Wellbeing Online Workingboard – I’m using linoit – the kids found it easy to use and enjoyed it. You can add images, videos, and documents etc as well!

Attachments:
      Profile photo of Markeeta Roe-Phillips Markeeta Roe-Phillips 
      Participant

I’ve never heard of linoit before but I’m keen to give it a go. It looks like something year 6/7 students would love. It looks a little like padlet? You’ve just inspired me to share the padlet/website my class are building for our Ancient India investigation.

Participant

And here is the start of my ‘Livability’ Working board – the physical version! Again, I am teaming this with some thinking routines. I’m beginning to think, if only I had more board space, I could have a working board for every subject!

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Selena Woodward Selena Woodward 
    Keymaster

These look great! I’ve commented on the pictures. Not sure if you get notified or not when i do that!! :0) I get to set up and start mine this week!! woot!

Profile photo of Selena Woodward Selena Woodward 
    Keymaster

I can’t wait to hear about how that liveability one filled up!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2017 Reflect Growth a professional development community by Teacher Technologies | Privacy | Image Attribution

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account