YET

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Selena Woodward Selena Woodward 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Selena Woodward Selena Woodward 
    Keymaster

I tried that and can’t do it… I don’t understand it… I haven’t conquered my fear of it… I haven’t found the time… I don’t like it…

YET…

What are you hoping to learn and take off your “one day” or “Yet” list?

Not sure what i’m talking about? What Carol Dweck explain below. Just replace any reference to the “kids” with “learners” because we’re all learners. We all have the same power to learn. 🙂

Profile photo of Tammie Meehan Tammie Meehan 
    Participant

I LOOOOVE the word yet.My prep students use this word all day.
    Have you seen this great video?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Tammie Meehan Tammie Meehan.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Tammie Meehan Tammie Meehan.
    Participant

I can’t work out how to add the video…hehe.

Keymaster

mmmm. All i did in the original post was use the iframe embed code.

If it works.. you’ll see bonus silly cats…

Give it a go and let me know if it works. If not then we’ll just shout a loud cyber @matt lol

Keymaster

mmm…are you using the embed code from Youtube? I wanna see it!

Profile photo of Markeeta Roe-Phillips Markeeta Roe-Phillips 
    Participant

My class are all ‘yetters’ too. Whenever anyone says they can’t do something there’s an instant undercurrent of people adding yet to the sentence for them. It’s quite funny. We had some adult guests in the room and one of them made a comment about not being very good at something. None of the kids wanted to be rude enough to correct this person they’d never met before but enough of the class whispered it that it was loud enough for our guest to hear. She chuckled, thanked the class and corrected herself. It’s catching on… A growth mindset can be contagious.

Participant

My class of preps are the same. As soon as one of them says “I can’t do this” another one pipes up with “yet!”. I love it!

Participant

Selena, yes I was…just trying to embed a youtube vid.
    Can’t work out how!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2017 Reflect Growth a professional development community by Teacher Technologies | Privacy | Image Attribution

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account