Planning and Teaching Strategies

Tech Integration

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Vip Sharma Vip Sharma 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Vip Sharma Vip Sharma 
    Participant

Would love to hear more about what you, your students, your school are doing with tech tools in education. Our students from Yr5 to Yr9 all bring an iPad to school and the older students are allowed to bring in laptops. This has meant a shift in teaching and learning pedagogy for us; a gradual shift as the focus will ultimately remain on good learning and the tech is a tool to support or to extend it. I have been reading more about the TPACK framework and think this used in conjunction with the Bloom’s Taxonomy is a good way to go. Would love to hear your ideas.

Profile photo of Selena Woodward Selena Woodward 
    Keymaster

I LOVE TPACK. I teach it to every teacher I meet 🙂 When i found it I realised that it was the perfect way to explain how I had been attempting to integrate technology. I strongly believe that, like any other resources, when you select technological tools, you have to do so with a strong pedagogical reasoning. I.e. is the tool helping me to differentiate, is it allowing for deeper engagement by connecting learning to the ‘real world’ etc.

All to often schools spend thousands of dollars on technology without really asking these questions. Technology is a resource that should be use to increase opportunity and enhance learning and teaching possibilities. It’s as simple as that. The challenge, I find for many teachers, is getting time to develop an understanding of the possibilities that the technology they have can give them in this regard. That’s the first step. When you know what’s possible then you can start putting it into context with your content and your students learning needs. This is what I am MOST passionate about. Thank you for starting this forum. Maybe I’ll invite Matt and Punya in to share their penny’s worth? 🙂

Have you come across SAMR By the way? What are your thoughts on that?

Participant

I was fortunate enough to attend a workshop led by Dr Puentedura himself recently in Hong Kong at the 21st century learning conference. After an introduction to the SAMR framework and the Ed Quintet we worked on a lesson plan and considered where and how to add in technology and really focused on the 4 different levels. It was great to plan and then to have the opportunity to talk to him whilst he looked over our ideas and made suggestions.

Profile photo of Paul Huebl Paul Huebl 
    Participant

I have SAMR and TPACK on my classroom wall. Need to not have a tech-centric approach. It’s got to go back the the learning and the tech helps that happen.

Participant

I find having the Blooms Taxonomy up there on the wall helps to remain focused on the learning outcomes. TPACK and SAMR can then be used with thought to the design of the learning experience and how the tech will enhance it. I love to flip lessons with videos made in Zaption and then use Kahoot for a quiz next lesson before getting into the learning activities.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2017 Reflect Growth a professional development community by Teacher Technologies | Privacy | Image Attribution

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account